Monday, August 17, 2026

The devil’s socialists: Karl Marx and the DSA

 I’ve been patiently waiting for sensibility to prevail in the current wave of elections that has bubbled to the top avowed communists who openly reveal their anti-America agenda. “Surely this will be the last one,” I think. But the wave continues, most recently with the crowning of Abdul El-Sayed, who won the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate in Michigan by racking up impressive margins in progressive pockets and university settings (shocking!)

Heck, even Francesca Hong, the openly democratic socialist candidate for governor in Wisconsin, who campaigned on public grocery stores and a 17% state income tax, just narrowly lost, by about 4,000 ballots, to Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley. Thankfully, Thanksgiving came early this year to Wisconsin (ha, get it, Francesca?) But that’s too close for comfort.


The devil’s socialists: Karl Marx and the DSA

No comments:

Post a Comment

The devil’s socialists: Karl Marx and the DSA

 I ’ve been patiently waiting for sensibility to prevail in the current wave of elections that has bubbled to the top avowed communists who ...